1. Line two baking trays with baking parchment paper. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (1.25 cups plain flour, 3/4 cup caster (white) sugar, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 heaped tbsp cocoa powder, 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together (1/2 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted, 3-4 tbsp soy milk, slightly warm, 1 tsp vanilla extract, half a jar, or 3 oz / 1/3 cup pumpkin seed butter).
4. Make a well in the bowl with dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine evenly, then use your hands to finish the job.
5. Form 16 large balls from the dough and place them onto the trays, flattening them slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
7. Enjoy still slightly warm or cool. Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.